On display at the Cake & Bake Show 2015 was a magical story book cake display designed by Jacqui Kelly, a food artist at Totally Sugar, featuring life size children's story book characters in cake! Jacqui currently holds the Guinness Book World Record for making the world's largest cake and her edible confectionery creations on display at the show includes a 6ft Grandma Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood made of toffee cake!
Story book cake characters are: Paddington Bear, Grandma Wolf, Jack and The Beanstalk, The Gruffalo, Cinderellas Pumpkin carriage, a Harry Potter spell book, wand and wizard’s hat, The Hungry Caterpillar and Mother Goose. All exquisitely crafted in sugar!
'I wanted to create something that was magical and would bring alive the wonderful world of children's classic stories. I’m so happy to be able to bring my vision to the Cake & Bake Show.’
Fantastic storybook cake facts:
• It took 4 weeks - around 340 hours to make all the characters
• 72kg of Renshaws Sugarpaste was used to make the characters, including 14kg of Renshaws Chocolate Paste on the Gruffalo alone!
• The characters contain a mixture of cakes - including Vanilla cake, Toffee cake, Ginger cake and Chocolate cake
• The characters also contain rice krispie treats, rocky road and tiffin cake for the more structural elements
• 9kg of chocolate, 3 litres of double cream and 20kg of buttercream was used to create the characters
• The characters have polystyrene bases supplied by Dummies Direct to help with transportation between the shows
• The life-size Grandma Wolf stands at 5ft 8in!
• Grandma Wolf head is made out of toffee cake and arms are ginger cake!
The show opened in Excel London and then travelled to Edinburgh and Manchester.